2T butter or oil
¼ tsp mustard powder, or to taste
¼ tsp cayenne, or to taste
3/4c heavy cream OR So Delicious® Dairy Free Coconutmilk, Unsweetened Original
1 stalk celery, grated
2 garlic cloves grated
1 pinch celery seed
3/4c saison style floral beer
2 T Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
¼ cup water
1 pinch salt
16 slices So Delicious® Dairy Free Cheese Alternative, American Style Slices
6 pieces lightly toasted rye bread
1. In food processor combine garlic, celery, celery seed, salt and ¼ cup of water. Puree until smooth.
2. Put butter in a saucepan over medium heat and, as it melts, stir in flour. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and very fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in mustard and cayenne, celery puree then whisk in cream and beer and Worcestershire sauce.
3. When mixture is uniform, turn heat to low and stir in 4 slices So Delicious® American Style Cheese Alternative, again stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and pour into a broad container to set (you can refrigerate for up to a day at this point).
4. Toast rye bread until toasted in oven 350 or 1-2 minutes on both sides in broiler.
5. Spread mixture thickly on each toast then drape 2 slices So Delicious® American Style Cheese Alternative over the bread, covering all of the bread. Spread olive oil onto So Delicious® American Style Cheese Alternative. Put under broiler until bubbly -- approximately 3 minutes. Add fresh celery leaves and parsley. Serve immediately.