Vegetarian Fiesta Pasta Salad with Spicy Yogurt Dressing
- Penne, pasta, dry 6 pounds
- Cherry Tomatoes, fresh, halved 5 pounds
- Cheese, shredded 3.125 pounds
- Corn, frozen, cooked and cooled 5 pounds
- Black Beans, canned, drained 5 pounds
- Dannon® Lowfat Plain Yogurt 46 ounces
- Mayonnaise, RF, LS 30 ounces
- Cumin, ground 2 Tablespoons
- Chili powder, ground 2 Tablespoons
- Garlic, granulated 2 Tablespoon
- Black Pepper, ground 2 teaspoons
- Salt, kosher 0.5 teaspoons
1. Cook pasta according to directions and cool.
2. CCP: Cool from 135 to 70 within two hours and cool from 70-below 41 in four hours.
3. Prep cherry tomatoes and drain and rinse black beans.
4. For corn: reheat frozen corn to 135 degrees. Then cool to below 41 degrees.
5. CCP: Cool from 135 to 70 within two hours and cool from 70-below 41 in four hours.
6. For dressing: whisk Dannon® Lowfat Plain Yogurt, mayonnaise, cumin, chili powder, granulated garlic, black pepper and salt.
7. For one large salad. Mix cooled pasta, cherry tomatoes, cheese, corn and black beans together in a large bowl. Top with dressing. Tip: always best to add dressing a little at time to desired coverage on salad, this will prevent over dressing. Dress salad right before service.
8. To assemble into grab and go salads, add: 1 cup cooked pasta, ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, 2 ounces cheese, ½ cup corn, ¼ cup black beans.
9. Serve 1.5 ounces of with salad drizzled on top or on the side.
10. CCP: Hold cold, below 41 degrees.
Recipe notes: Add 3.5 pounds of chicken, frozen, diced to the recipe to credit as 2 oz meat/meat alternate, 2 oz grain, ¾ cup vegetables (1/4 cup red/orange, ¼ cup legume, ¼ cup starchy)
Nutrients Per Serving:
|Calories||446||Total Fat (gm)||16.5||Dietary Fiber||10|
|Protein (gm)||20||Saturated Fat (gm)||7||Sodium||428|
|Carbohydrate (gm)||62||Cholesterol (mg)||31|
1 salad is 2 oz meat/meat alternate, 2 oz grain equivalent, 1/2 cup vegetable (1/4 cup starchy, ¼ cup red/orange)
A great grab and go vegetarian option!