Roasted Pineapple with Serrano Pepper and Ginger Coconut Rice
- 1 ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 2 Tbs. Canola Oil
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbs. Minced Serrano Peppers (deseeded)
- 1 Tbs. Minced Ginger
- 2 Tbs. Sugar
- 1 ½ cups So Delicious Coconutmilk
- 2 Tbs. Chopped Toasted Peanuts
- 2 Tbs. Sliced Green Onions (⅛ in. thick)
1. Set oven to broiler setting and preheat. Cut the top of the pineapple off at the base of the top, then cut lengthwise from top to bottom down the center. Leaving the skin intact, cut the core out of one half of the pineapple, then on the inside, score the pineapple every ½ inch or so, making sure to not cut through the skin.
2. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the sugar over the pineapple and set on a baking sheet in the middle rack of preheated oven. Check frequently and cook until the pineapple and sugar are lightly browned.
3. In a small mixing bowl, stir the rice with water vigorously, strain the rice, and repeat with fresh water 3 times, strain the rice after the final rinse and set aside.
4. Place a small stockpot over low-medium heat and add the canola oil. Sauté the garlic, serrano peppers, and ginger, stirring frequently for around 1-2 minutes.
5. Add rice and stir just until coated, then add So Delicious Coconutmilk, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, then lower heat to low (just enough heat to maintain a simmer).
6. Cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered for an additional 15 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Spoon rice into the pineapple so its heaping over the top, garnish with toasted peanuts and green onions.