Roasted Apple Maple Waffle Flatbread with Danimals Vanilla Yogurt
- Apples, fresh, whole, 125 to 138 count16.75 pounds
- Sugar, white1 cup
- Cinnamon, ground2 tablespoon
- Maple Waffle Flatbread or French Toast sticks50 (1 oz grain) servings
- Danimals Vanilla Yogurt, 4 ounce50 each
- Raisins, seedless4 pounds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slices apples into wedges, leaving skin on.
3. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, mix well.
4. Sprinkle seasoning over apples and toss well to coat apples.
5. Line sheet pan with parchment paper and place apples on sheet pan in a single layer.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes to an internal temperature of 140 degrees or higher.
7. CCP: Hold for hot service at 135° F or higher
8. Warm flatbreads in warmer.
9. In a grab and go box add 1 maple flatbread, 1 Danimals Vanilla Yogurt, ½ cup roasted apples and ¼ cup raisins.
10. Allow students to assemble by topping flatbread with a layer of Danimals Vanilla yogurt and roasted apples.
- To prevent apples from browning after being cut: dissolve ¼ teaspoon of salt into 1 gallon of water. Place apples in water immediately after being cut and let sit for at least 2 minutes and up to 30 minutes. Remove apples from water. Keep cold, below 41 degrees, until ready to use. This will prevent apples from browning for up to 3 days.
- Replace roasted apples with raw apples coated with cinnamon and sugar mix. Follow above directions to prevent browning.
- French toast sticks can be substituted for maple waffle flatbread.
- If offer vs. serve is not used, complete the meal by adding a Horizon Organic Low fat UHT Milk.
Nutrients Per Serving:
|Calories||357||17%||Total Fat (g)||4g||5%||Dietary Fiber||4g||14%|
|Protein (g)||8g||16%||Saturated Fat (g)||2g||10%||Sodium (mg)||186mg||8%|
|Carbohydrate (g)||74g||26%||Cholesterol (mg)||4mg||1%||Sugar (g)||37g|
1 serving is 1 oz grain equivalent, 1 oz meat/meat alternate, 1 cup fruit