Cinnamon Sugar Danimals Vanilla Dipper Lunch
Sugar, granulated1.75 cups
Cinnamon, ground4 tablespoons
Flatbread, whole grain, 2 oz grain equivalent 50 each
Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed1.2 #10 cans
Oil, canola½ cup
Watermelon, whole16.5 pounds
Cucumber, whole12.25 pounds
Danimals Vanilla Yogurt, 4 oz50 each
1. In a bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Store in an airtight container in dry storage until ready to use.
2. For Cinnamon Sugar Flatbreads: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay flatbreads on a parchment lined sheet pan. Lightly spray flatbreads with pan spray. Sprinkle each flatbread with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar mix. Cut into sticks using a pizza cutter. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and lightly crisp. Cool to room temperature and serve.
3. For Garbanzo Beans: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drain and rinse beans and toss with 1/2 cup oil. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until all beans are crispy. Stirring occasionally during the cooking process to prevent outside rim of beans from over cooking.
4. Remove beans from oven and toss with ½ cup of cinnamon sugar. *Toss beans when hot to make sure cinnamon sugar sticks to the beans evenly.
5. Let cool and serve at room temperature. These will keep for up to 5-7 days stored in an airtight container in a dry storage.
6. Cut watermelon into wedges, keeping rind on.
7. CCP: keep cold, below 41 degrees, until service.
8. Slice cucumbers.
9. CCP: keep cold, below 41 degrees, until service.
10. To assemble grab and go meal: Place ½ cup cut watermelon, ¾ cup cucumbers, ¼ cup garbanzo beans, (1) 2 oz cinnamon sugar flatbread and Danimals Vanilla yogurt in grab and go container. Serve immediately.
- To keep garbanzo beans fresh while in the grab and go box, make sure they are packaged with a lid while in the same container as watermelon and cucumber, to prevent from getting soggy.
- To keep flatbreads fresh while in the grab and go box, make sure they are packaged in a sealed bag while in the same container as watermelon and cucumber, to prevent from getting soggy.
- Flatbreads and garbanzo beans can be made the day before.
- Whole grain tortillas can be used in place of the flatbreads.
- If offer vs. serve is not used, add a Horizon Organic Low fat UHT milk to complete the meal.
Nutrients Per Serving:
|Calories||521||26%||Total Fat (g)||12g||15%||Dietary Fiber||9g||32%|
|Protein (g)||18g||36%||Saturated Fat (g)||2g||10%||Sodium (mg)||690mg||30%|
|Carbohydrate (g)||83g||30%||Cholesterol (mg)||4mg||1%||Sugar (g)||17g|
Crediting: 1 serving is 2 oz meat/meat alternate, 2 oz grain equivalent, ¾ cup vegetable (other), ½ cup fruit.