Berry Peanut Butter and Danimals Strawberry Yogurt Waffle Taco
Strawberries, diced/sliced, frozen, thawed13.75 pounds
Blueberries, wild, frozen, thawed6.75 pounds
Waffle, frozen, whole grain, 1-ounce grain
equivalent each50 each
Peanut butter1.75 pounds
Danimals Strawberry Yogurt, 4 ounce50 each
1. Thaw strawberries.
2. Thaw blueberries.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place waffles on sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes. They should be pliable and NOT crispy when remove from oven. This will allow students to form them into a taco shape.
4. CCP: keep warm, above 135 degrees, for service.
5. Place all ingredients in a grab and go container for students to assemble: (1) waffle, ½ cup strawberries, ½ cup blueberries, 0.56 ounces of peanut butter and (1) Danimals Strawberry Yogurt.
6. To assemble tacos: spread peanut butter on tacos and top with yogurt and fruit.
- Sunbutter or Soy butter can be used in place of peanut butter.
- Add another waffle and ½ cup of fresh vegetables to make this a breakfast for lunch option.
- If offer vs. service is not used, to complete the meal serve with a Horizon Organic Low-fat UHT Milk.
Nutrients Per Serving:
|Calories||423||21%||Total Fat (g)||11g||14%||Dietary Fiber||9g||32%|
|Protein (g)||13g||26%||Saturated Fat (g)||2g||20%||Sodium (mg)||497mg||22%|
|Carbohydrate (g)||70g||25%||Cholesterol (mg)||4mg||1%||Sugar (g)||10g|
1 serving is 1.25 oz meat/meat alternate, 1 oz grain equivalent, 1 cup fruit.