2 cans Young Green Jackfruit
4 cups Water
¼ cup Vegetable Broth
8 oz. Tomato Paste
1 Tbs. Fresh Minced Garlic
2 tsp. Ancho Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
½ tsp. Cocoa
1 ½ tsp. Vinegar
¾ tsp. Tabasco Sauce
2 tsp. Cornstarch Slurry (equal parts cornstarch and cold water)
1 ½ cups Silk Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative (room temp)
Kosher Salt, to taste
Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Avocado, split, pitted and skinned, as needed
- Tajín Seasoning, as needed
- Lime Juice, as needed
- Kosher Salt, as needed
- ½ cup Silk Almondmilk Yogurt Alternative
- ½ cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 ea. Lime, zested and juiced
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- White Quinoa, cooked, as needed
- Pickled Red Onions, as needed
- Tajín-Roasted Corn, as needed
- Non-Dairy Cheese, grated, as needed
- Radish, sliced thinly, as needed
- Limes, wedges, as needed
- Cilantro, picked, as needed
- Salsa, as needed
- Pickled Jalapeño, sliced, as needed
- Pinto or Black Beans, cooked, as needed
- Shredded Kale, as needed
1. For the Jackfruit: Rinse, drain, and thoroughly dry the canned jackfruit. Shred to desired consistency. Set aside.
2. For the Ancho Sauce: In a blender combine water, vegetable broth, tomato paste, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cocoa, vinegar and Tabasco. Blend until a smooth liquid forms, strain as desired.
3. In a pot, Bring sauce to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes covered, add jackfruit simmer for an additional 30 minutes uncovered or up to 1 hour. Whisk the slurry into the hot, simmering liquid. Bring the mixture to boil, and boil it for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt alternative (if the sauce is too hot and the yogurt is cold it may curdle). Season to taste.
4. For the Tajín-Mashed Avocado: Mash avocado and combine with remaining ingredients. Season to taste.
5. For the Cilantro-Lime Crema: In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
6. To serve: Place quinoa and the bottom of the bowl, top with braised jackfruit, Cilantro-Lime Crema, Tajín-Mashed Avocado and desired accouterments.
Note: Ancho Chili- And Yogurt-Braised Jackfruit can be used in tacos, tortas, quesadillas, etc.