Creamy Kale Pesto Bucatini
Bucatini, as needed
Kosher salt, as needed
¾ cup Silk Unsweetened Almondmilk
¼ cup Canola Oil
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, as needed
- 1 cup Basil
- ¾ cup Kale, chopped
- 1 cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ cup Hemp Seeds
- ¼ cup Silk Unsweetened Almondmilk
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- ¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
Blistered Sungold Tomatoes
- 1 pint Baby Sungold or Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, finely sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, sliced
- Flat Leaf Parsley, as needed
- Fresh Basil, as needed
- Kosher Salt, as needed
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper, as needed
- Basil, torn, as needed
- Pine Nuts, toasted or sunflower seeds, as needed
1. For the Pesto: To a food processor, add all ingredients, blend until combined.
2. For the Blistered Tomatoes: In a heavy cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and saute for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the cherry tomatoes and let sit for 2 minutes until they start to blister. Give them a quick stir, turn off the heat, and let them sit for another 2 minutes or so. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with a few tablespoons of torn basil and parsley.
3. For the Pasta: Cook bucatini in salted water until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving about ½ cup pasta water. At the same time add almondmilk and oil to a sauté pan, bring to a simmer. Add drained pasta, half cup of the kale pesto and a few splashes of pasta water, stirring until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add more pesto or pasta water if desired.
4. To serve: Plate pasta, top with blistered tomatoes, remaining pesto and accouterments.