Yogurt Banana Split
Strawberries, sliced, frozen4.5 pounds
Blueberries, IQF, frozen2.5 pounds
Pineapple, canned, tidbits0.75 #10 can
Banana, 150 count50 each
Dannon® Oikos® Pro Greek Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt6.25 quarts
Chocolate chips, semi-sweet3.125 cups
Granola, bulk3.125 pound
Horizon Organic® Low Fat Aseptic Milk, 8 oz50 each
1. Thaw strawberries and blueberries overnight in refrigerator.
2. Drain pineapple tidbits.
3. Peel banana and slice longways. Place in dish/container.
4. Top with 3 hills of yogurt (1/3 ounces of yogurt on each hill)
5. Top first hill with pineapple tidbits, second hill with strawberries and third hill with blueberries.
6. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chocolate chips.
7. Sprinkle with 1 oz of granola.
8. Serve immediately.
CCP: Keep cold for service, below 41 degrees
- Using Greek Vanilla Yogurt will create a more stable scoop of yogurt, but vanilla yogurt can be used as well
- If pre-plating, do not add granola until ready for service or serve separately.
- If sending home as a grab and go meal, give students all the parts to prep and assemble banana yogurt split themselves. Leave banana whole with peel, as it will brown if peeled too far in advance.
Nutrients Per Serving:
|Calories||498||24%||Total Fat (g)||6g||7%||Dietary Fiber||9g||32%|
|Protein (g)||22g||44%||Saturated Fat (g)||3g||15%||Sodium (mg)||237mg||10%|
|Carbohydrate (g)||91g||33%||Cholesterol (mg)||5mg||2%||Sugar (g)||43g|
1 serving is 1 banana split
1 serving is 1 ounce meat/meat alternate, 1 ounce grain, 1 cup fruit