Fluffy Yogurt Sheet Pan Pancakes
Served with a side of Fresh Juicy Cantaloupe
- Flour, wheat, white10.5 ounces
- Flour, white, all-purpose10 ounces
- Baking powder1.5 ounces
- Salt, kosher1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar, brown, light3 ounces
- Butter, unsalted, melted, cooled4 ounces
- Milk, low fat20 ounces
- Dannon® Lowfat Vanilla Yogurt8 ounces
- Vanilla Extract2 ounces
- Eggs, raw, large4 each
- Maple Yogurt
- Dannon® Lowfat Plain Yogurt4 quarts
- Maple Syrup1 quart
- Vanilla extract 6 ounces
- Blueberry Compote
- Blueberries, IQF5.5 pounds
- Lemon, zest1 tablespoon
- Chilled Cantaloupe
- Cantaloupe, fresh11.5 pounds
- Horizon Organic® Low Fat Aseptic Milk, 8 oz32 each
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line a full-sized sheet pan with parchment paper. Spray sides with pan spray to prevent sticking.
3. In a large bowl, mix both flours, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In another large bowl, whisk brown sugar and butter. (may use a standing floor mixer).
5. Add milk, yogurt, vanilla extract and eggs to sugar mixture. Whisk well to combine.
6. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until combined. *Do not over mix, this will make the pancakes less fluffy.
7. Pour batter into a full-size prepared sheet pan and spread into an even layer with a spatula.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes, checking every 15 minutes to prevent top from over browning, turning if needed.
9. Let pancakes cool slightly. Cut into 8 rows of 8 with a bench scraper or knife. Serve two pieces per portion.
CCP: Hold in warm for service.
To make maple yogurt: Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
CCP: Hold cold for service, below 41 degrees.
To make blueberry sauce:
1. Thaw blueberries overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Combine blueberries and lemon zest in a 4-inch full sized hotel pan. Cover and place in steamer and cook for 30 minutes. Sauce should be warmed through and bubbling. Carefully remove from steamer and stir well.
CCP: Hold warm for service, above 135 degrees.
To assemble for grab and go: place two pieces of pancakes in a container, serve with ½ cup maple yogurt and ½ cup blueberry sauce in separate, lidded containers. Allowing students to drizzle or dip at time of eating.
For cantaloupe: Dice cantaloupe into bite sizes pieces. Served chilled.
CCP: keep cold for service, below 41 degrees.
- Total uncooked weight of pancake batter is 65 ounces. If doubling this recipe, place 65 ounces of batter on each full-sized sheet tray.
- Pancakes can be frozen and reheated.
Nutrients Per Serving:
|Calories||476||23%||Total Fat (g)||5g||6%||Dietary Fiber||3g||10%|
|Protein (g)||21g||42%||Saturated Fat (g)||2g||10%||Sodium (mg)||448mg||19%|
|Carbohydrate (g)||78g||28%||Cholesterol (mg)||42mg||14%||Sugar (g)||39g|
1 serving is 1 ounce meat/meat alternate, 1 ounce grain, 1 cup fruit (1/2 cup blueberries, ½ cup cantaloupe)