BLT Pasta Salad with Yogurt Dressing
- 3.5 pounds Spinach, baby
- 3.5 pounds Penne, pasta, dry
- 4.5 pounds Cherry Tomatoes, fresh, halved
- 1 pound Cheese, shredded
- 25 ounces Bacon, cooked, LS
- 37 ounces Dannon® Lowfat Plain Yogurt
- 8.5 ounces Mayonnaise, RF, LS
- 4 ounces Vinegar, white
- 2 Tablespoons Dill, dried
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, granulated
- 1 Tablespoon Onion, granulated
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper, ground
- 1.5 Teaspoons Salt, kosher
1. Cook pasta according to directions and cool.
2. CCP: Cool from 135 to 70 within two hours and cool from 70-below 41 in four hours.
3. Mix Dannon® Lowfat Plain Yogurt through salt together in a large mixing bowl. Let sit overnight to maximize flavor and thicken slightly.
4. To assemble add: 1/2 cup cooked pasta, ½ cup baby spinach, ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, 0.25 ounces cheese, 0.5-ounce cooked bacon to a boat or bowl.
5. Serve with 1 ounce of salad dressing drizzled on top or on the side.
6. CCP: Hold cold, below 41 degrees.
Recipe notes: Dressing makes 50 ounces of dressing.
Optional serving style is to mix salad ingredients in a large bowl with dressing and serve immediately.
Nutrients Per Serving:
|Calories||227||Total Fat (gm)||8||Dietary Fiber||5|
|Protein (gm)||10||Saturated Fat (gm)||3||Sodium||321|
|Carbohydrate (gm)||28||Cholesterol (mg)||24|
1 salad is 0.25 oz meat/meat alternate, 1 oz grain equivalent, 1/2 cup vegetable (1/4 cup red/orange and ¼ cup dark leafy green)