Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
- Dannon® Oikos® Pro Greek Plain Nonfat Yogurt, 24 ounces
- Corn, frozen 10 pounds
- Green Pepper, chopped 20 ounces
- Garlic Powder 4 tablespoons
- Chili Powder 4 tablespoons
- Salt, kosher 1 Tablespoon
- Scallions, sliced 12 ounces
- Cilantro, chopped 6 cups
- Cheese, feta 24 ounces
- Lime Juice, fresh 8 ounces
1. Place corn and green peppers in a large perforated hotel pan. Steam for 15 minutes, or until corn is 135 degrees.
2. While corn in steaming, in a large bowl, mix Dannon® Oikos® Pro Greek Plain Nonfat Yogurt, chili powder, cumin and salt.
3. Remove corn from steamer and gently mix in yogurt and spices mixture.
4. Stir in scallions, cilantro and cheese.
5. Gently stir in lime juice.
*Keep hot for service, above 135 degrees.
*Queso Fresco can be substituted for feta
Nutrients Per Serving:
|Calories||132||Total Fat (gm)||3.7||Dietary Fiber||3|
|Protein (gm)||6||Saturated Fat (gm)||2||Sodium||279|
|Carbohydrate (gm)||22||Cholesterol (mg)||12.7|
3/4 cup is ½ cup starchy vegetable