Alfredo with Smoked Salmon and Poppy Seeds
- 1 gal. Water
- 3 Tbs. Salt
- 1 lb. Farfalle Pasta
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs. Minced Garlic
- ¼ cup Minced Shallots
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 1 ½ cups Silk Almondmilk or Silk Barista Collection Almondmilk
- 6 oz So Delicious Dairy Free Mozzarella, shredded
- 4 tsp. Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 ½ cups Frozen or Fresh Green Peas
- 8 oz Smoked Salmon (cut slices into 1 in. pieces)
- 1 tsp. Poppy Seeds
1. Place a large sauce pot with 1 gallon of water over high heat. Add the farfalle pasta to the boiling salted water and cook according to package directions. For a more al dente texture to the pasta, cook for 1 minute less than package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat, add minced garlic, shallots, and thyme. Stir frequently until shallots and garlic are lightly browned around edges.
3. Add Silk Almondmilk to the sauté pan, then add the So Delicious Dairy Free Mozzarella. Stir with a whisk over low heat until fully incorporated. Add nutritional yeast flakes to sauté pan and whisk again to dissolve.
4. Strain the sauce through a wire mesh strainer into a large sauté pan. Strain pasta through colander when done and add to sauté pan with sauce.
5. Turn heat down to low and add the peas to the pasta. Break up smoked salmon into individual pieces and add to pasta. Heat everything just until warmed.
6. Split pasta into 4 bowls and garnish with poppy seeds.