Curried Tonkatsu Udon Bowl
- 1 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Garlic, Minced
- 3/4 cup Curry Powder McCormick
- 16 cups Russet Potatoes Peeled, Large Diced, Boiled
- 4 cup Vegetable Stock Unsalted
- 1/2 cup Fresh Ginger, Grated Peeled & Grated
- 6 cups Silk Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 3 cup Peas Frozen IQF
- 4 cup Carrots Peeled, Sm. Diced, Roasted
- 24 each Large Portabello Mushroom Whole
- 4 cups Silk Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 10 eggs Egg, Large Beaten
- 8 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 36 cups Udon Noodles (~18 cups dry; 2520g dry) Cooked Al Dente
- 6 cups Sugar Snap Peas Peeled, Sauteed, Cut on a Bias
- 1 cup Togarashi Spice
1) In a large pot on medium heat, heat canola oil and saute minced garlic and curry powder for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
2) Add half of russet potatoes, fresh ginger, and vegetable stock to pot. Bring to simmer.
3) Use an immersion stick blender to puree contents in pot until smooth.
4) Add Almondmilk, remaining potatoes, peas, carrots. Stir until well combined. Hold warm on low heat.
5) 3-step bread portabello mushrooms with Almondmilk, AP Flour, beaten eggs, and panko crumbs.
6) Deep fry breaded mushrooms until golden. Slice fried mushrooms to 1/2"" thick slices.
7) Assemble udon bowl:
8 oz - Cooked udon noodles
8 oz - Japanese curry
1 ea - Sliced Tonkatsu Mushroom
1/4 cup - suateed sugar snap peas
1/4 tsp - togarashi spice